Recover files after deletion, file system corruption, virus attacks or power failures with EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard. It supports different file systems (FAT12, FAT16, VFAT, FAT32[?], NTFS[?]/NTFS5) and many medium types (HDD, Floppy drives, USB[?] Flash, memory cards, digital cameras and players).
|Author:||YIWO Tech Ltd|
This is a set of recovery tools from EASEUS. The utility, in addition to common uneraser features offers such capabilities as restore of data from formatted or crashed partitions.
The interface of the program cannot be called a masterpiece of design, however it is extremely user-friendly. The program has proven to be a reliable, stable and fast tool. The wizards included in the program make the process easy and understandable for users of all levels.
Easeus Data Recovery Wizard has three modules. Deleted File Recovery is a usual uneraser that locates deleted files on a disk, and then sorts the results putting the recovered files into folders, at the same time copying all of the erased files to a virtual folder.
There are three automatically enabled preview modes (Text/Hex/Image). Search by the found data is available (by mask, by path, and by type). Complete Recovery recovers data from a disk that was formatted or damaged by a virus or a system failure. This module can create disk images and/or connect them.
The process of scanning takes more time, since the utility checks the available partitions, and only then it offers to locate files in the found partitions. Partition Recovery is intended especially for recovery of lost partitions and is quite similar to the second module. All the modules are operated by unique proprietary algorithms that substantially increase program's performance and capability.
Among the new useful features of the program are: enhanced support for Windows Vista, recovery of compressed and encrypted files on NTFS volume, and iPod compatibility.
- Great value for money.
- Usable wizards, high-speed operation.
- Supports virtual disk images for even safer recovery.
- Convenient pre-recovery preview and comprehensive list of recoverable files.
- Proprietary recovery algorithm, including an in-house implementation of signature search.
- Sometimes slow to launch due to the tough to disable 'check for updates' function.
- Proprietary disk image format. Does not support disk images in ISO or other standard formats.
- Does not display chances of recovery for recoverable files.
- The result window displaying located recoverable files has fixed size, making the results hard to browse when recovering multiple files.
- Spartan user interface (yet still very usable).
Conclusion: If you are looking for an inexpensive all-in-one solution to recover files, data, disks, partitions, and file systems, Easeus Data Recovery Wizard might be the tool for you. Priced at $70, Easeus Data Recovery Wizard is almost half the price of the nearest competitor. Providing a Spartan yet usable interface, wizard operation and step-by-step guidance, Easeus Data Recovery Wizard can be used by new and experienced computer users.
The best of Unformat software:
- DiskInternals Partition Recovery 2.5
- NTFS Data Recovery 220.127.116.11
- DiskInternals Raid Recovery 1.0
- Partition Table Doctor 3.5
- HDD Recovery Pro 2.3
- SoftAmbulance Partition Doctor 1.8
- DiskInternals FAT Recovery 2.8
- DiskInternals NTFS Recovery 2.7