DiskInternals Music Recovery will recover almost any type of media files from your storage devices, including hard drive, iPod, USB[?]-flash, CD and DVD disks. It supports all file systems, comes with a number of useful features and works really fast.
DiskInternals Music Recovery is an effective solution for recovering media files which have been deleted or corrupted. It supports most of the media types, data storages and file systems. Even if your storage device was formatted and all information was erased or if the information is corrupted you can try to recover your media files using DiskInternals Music Recovery.
With DiskInternals Music Recovery, you will be able to restore almost any music as it supports a number of media formats, including mp3, wma, asf, wav, ogg, wv, ra, rm, vqf, mid and voc. DiskInternals Music Recovery works with all types of file systems and supports Windows, Mac OS, Linux, etc.
One of the distinct advantages of the program is the built-in player that allows prelistening to the recovered files, and the files can be restored/previewed from any type of media. Another unique feature of the program is the PowerSearch algorithm that allows to search for erased media files by signatures. The product very well supports mp3 tags and WMA tags (it should be noticed, however, that the program does not support such popular formats as AAC, FLAC, and APE).
The accuracy of the PowerSearch engine sometimes might seem even too high, since it finds not only whole files but their ìstubsî that can be absolutely useless, but this is rather unavoidable in cases when a user wants to locate as many files as possible. As a compensation, the program contains another nice and useful attribute: the integrated Music Slideshow feature displays tags and album art from the found files while disk scanning is performed. The program will surely be acknowledged by many music lovers in the world, as it is fully compatible with iPods.
- Built-in audio player allows playing back deleted music before the recovery.
- Recovers data from any type of media.
- The proprietary implementation of a signature search algorithm (trade name PowerSearch) is quite effective.
- Full implementation of MP3 and WMA tag support.
- Music Slideshow displays tags and album art while scanning the disk.
- Supports iPod players.
- PowerSearch overly sensitive at times; tends to find pieces of partially recoverable files.
- No support for AAC, FLAC, and APE formats.
Simple step-by-step user interface, comprehensive recovery algorithms, bells and whistles and a moderate price tag of $40 make this tool a strong contender. However, if you need to recover AAC, FLAC, or APE music, look elsewhere. The proprietary implementation of signature search was overly sensitive at times, finding pieces of music that shouldnít be there.
The best of Other useful tools:
Other recovery software from DiskInternals Research:
- DiskInternals Uneraser 3.7
- DiskInternals Recovery for iPod 1.0
- DiskInternals Partition Recovery 2.5
- DiskInternals Mail Recovery 1.2
- DiskInternals Flash Recovery 2.6
- DiskInternals Office Recovery 1.6
- DiskInternals Raid Recovery 1.0
- DiskInternals CD and DVD Recovery 3.0
- DiskInternals ZIP Repair 1.0
- DiskInternals FAT Recovery 2.8
- DiskInternals NTFS Recovery 2.7